Our most important task as teachers is to provide students with life-long skills whether that’s teaching a language or showing students how to think, not what to think.
If you’re looking for a teacher who really wants to help students excel, you’re in the right place. My Midwestern work ethic combined with my patience and dedication to student success is what makes both parents and students enjoy working with me.
Not only am I passionate about language and teaching, but my 17 years of experience in education and language learning help me to create interesting and engaging lessons that students crave. I always strive to improve and bring the best to my students.
More details about Teacher Nikki:
- I was a public school teacher from 2005-2016.
- I primarily taught middle school and high school, but I currently work with ages 8-18 online
- BA in Spanish, minor International Studies
- M.Ed Secondary Education (grades 9-12), focus in Spanish
- I’ve also taught English as a Second Language
Other interesting facts:
- I’ve taught students as young as 2 and as old as 76 thanks to online teaching
- I use Zoom, Google Slides and Nearpod for online lessons
- Favorite animal: panda 🐼
- Favorite hobbies: travel ✈️ and reading 📚
- Quotes I live by:
- Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill
- I can do all things through him who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13